Friday, June 17, 2011

Sunday Pot Roast

I suppose if I had to name the quintessential Sunday dinner, it would have to be pot roast. My mom makes pretty much the best I've ever eaten, and it's amazingly simple. I know a lot of people cook their vegetables in with their roast, and that's certainly one way to do it. I prefer to cook just the roast, with the veggies on the side. With this recipe, you can throw your carrots (the standard side!) in the slow cooker, but it's best to wait until about 2 hours before your roast is done. Unless you like your veggies mushy - this is the South, after all!

Sunday Pot Roast

3 pound chuck roast
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 can (10-3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
fresh-ground black pepper

Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Place roast in crock; sprinkle with soup mix and pepper. Pour mushroom soup on top. Cook on low heat for 8 hours. I usually turn the roast over about halfway through the cooking time.

If there are any leftovers, I always use them to make Beef Pot Pie. They go so much further that way, and it's delicious!

1 comment:

  1. That's the same roast that I make my hubby! Of course my veggies are on the side...no yucky meat juice in mine :)

    ReplyDelete