Monday, June 6, 2011

Slow Cooker Nachos

My friend Chrissy posted this recipe on her Facebook page recently, crediting it to our friend Tammy, who credited it to our friend Bonnie, and I have no idea where Bonnie got it! But, when a recipe gets passed around like that so much it HAS to be good! I thought it sounded perfect for the college and singles crew that Handsome and I host on Sunday nights. I'm giving you the recipe as I received it, but I used a whole package of chicken (about 1.7 pounds), 2 cans of beans, and a larger jar of salsa to feed our crowd. My version fed about ten people, so I guess this recipe will feed 4-6.

Slow Cooker Nachos

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 (16 oz) jar salsa
1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
Tortilla chips
Shredded cheddar, sour cream, cilantro, chopped tomatoes, black olives, sliced jalapenos, etc.

Place the chicken, corn, beans and salsa in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Shred chicken and add in cream cheese. Allow time to melt, stirring to combine. Serve over tortilla chips and top with your favorite nacho additions.

No comments:

Post a Comment