Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lunchtime!

My kids are pretty picky eaters. I think I've told y'all before about how at any given dinner there must be at least one dissenter who doesn't like what we're having. I think they arrange these things ahead of time, because the things they like/don't like change on a weekly basis. Sigh. Anyway, I try to make lunches something that they will definitely like, and something that has a good deal of nutritional value.

On of their favorite combinations is peanut butter, banana, cinnamon and honey.

Here I've served that combo on a potato hamburger bun.

I added grapes on the side, and as a special treat, strawberry yogurt with a crushed Oreo.
Overall, this is a pretty sweet meal, with the honey, PB, grapes, and yogurt treat, but my kids really don't eat store-bought treats like cookies, Pop-Tarts, snack cakes, candy, etc. often at all. (I only had the Oreos because I needed them for the crust on my cheesecake birthday cake.) I know every mom struggles with getting her kids to choose healthful options at the table, and I'm blessed that our Oldest Girl considers this a special treat:

Cottage cheese drizzled with a touch of caramel sauce and topped with strawberries.
What do your kids like to eat? How do you get them to eat fruits/vegetables?

No comments:

Post a Comment