Friday, September 3, 2010

Perfect Example

The meal I prepared last night is a perfect example of what I consider a "pantry meal". I did not shop specifically for this meal, but I have everything I need right at my fingertips. I decided to make spaghetti and focaccia. The spaghetti sauce was from the freezer, part of a batch of homemade sauce I made about a month ago. I also had a half pound of lean (93%) ground beef in the freezer leftover from soup I made earlier in the week. (One way I save money is to use 1/2 the ground beef called for in most recipes.) I always keep angel hair pasta in the pantry, so no problem there! The focaccia is a super easy recipe I make nearly every time we have Italian food. It's a basic dough, and if I have what I need, I jazz it up differently each time. Yesterday was just the basics. I have used spinach, sauteed garlic and onion, feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and herbs at one time or another.

I'll post about how I make my spaghetti sauce another time, but it's one of favorite things to make. It's well worth the extra time it takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment