Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Recipe Experiments

I haven't been making up a lot of new recipes lately, but I've been trying out some from other sources. I've found several that are real keepers!

I've used two gnocchi recipes over the last couple of months that were terrific:
*Gnocchi Mac & Cheese
*Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Gouda Cheese Sauce - I added thyme and sauteed ham to the sauce.

These Parmesan Roasted Potatoes are simple and pretty similar to my Roasted Rosemary Potatoes in ingredients and method, but my takeaway from this recipe is that you don't have to use a baking sheet! I made this in a regular baking dish and they turned out beautifully.

Last night I made a batch of Sneaky Vegetable Muffins and thought they turned out really well. Different, but good! I used green onion instead of regular white onion, but kept everything else the same. I don't know what "Tasty" cheese is, but I used sharp cheddar. They were almost a cross between a quiche and a muffin.

A few weeks ago, I made Bacon Cheddar Puffs when we had some friends over to play cards. Two tips - don't under cook them, and don't make them too big or they won't "puff".

No comments:

Post a Comment