Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"Monday" Recap

I know, it's Tuesday. But yesterday with a bit crazy because of Independence Day, so here we are today instead. Sunday night, I made pizza for our usual crowd. Of course, I used P-Dub's pizza crust and then made four different combinations of toppings. Basically, I used whatever I had in the fridge and got creative!

BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger - marinara/BBQ mixed, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, bacon, beef, and onion

Supreme - marinara sauce, mozzarella, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, pepperoni, beef

Cheese - marinara sauce, Havarti, cheddar, mozzarella, Italian seasoning

Spicy - marinara/salsa mixed, onion, green pepper, crushed red pepper, pepperoni, habanero-flavored cheese, mozzarella

The BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger was so good I ended up making another one, too! The Spicy wasn't as hot as it could have been. It would have been better with more peppers, for sure, but I was working with what I had.

Dessert was a simple ice cream pie. I crushed Oreos in the food processor, then mixed them with melted butter and pressed the mixture into a pie plate. (15 cookies, 1/4 cup butter) I spread softened ice cream into the crust and topped it with chocolate syrup. Simple! I made two different ones, using coffee ice cream and cookies and cream. Both were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment