Friday, July 8, 2011

Food Overload

*** Don't forget to get your copy of the Barefoot in the Kitchen cookbook! Email me using the envelope button over to the right and send one on its way to you! ***

I have several food projects/recipes that I'll be tackling over the next few days:

Last night I made a new blueberry muffin recipe using some fresh blueberries that a friend gave me from her mother-in-law-'s blueberry bushes. They were amazing! I'll definitely be making them again.

I'm especially excited about tomorrow morning's Coffee and Cream Doughnuts! I actually don't like sweets first thing in the morning, but these sound so good ... I think I'll make some bacon to round out the meal nicely.

Of course, we have our usual Sunday night crowd, though I've opted for simple sub sandwiches, chips, and chocolate-drizzled pretzel rods.  Mainly because ...

... On Tuesday night is our monthly ladies' meeting, and I'm in charge of the food! I have a great group of girls helping me (college people) and it promises to be lots of fun. We're using a beach theme and I can't wait to see how everything comes together!

I'll also be making a batch of spaghetti (marinara) sauce this week at some point. I have a cool idea swirling around in my noggin involving it and polenta, and I'll let you know how that turns out.

Anyway, that's a summary of a few food-related things going on in my life. What are YOU cooking this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment