Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Potato-Spinach Quiche

I've pretty much never met a quiche I didn't like but Handsome subscribes to the theory that real men don't eat quiche. Since I know plenty of real men that DO eat quiche, I've tried to change his mind with various recipes with no luck. So, I've resigned myself to making it just for my lunch. I'm not complaining though, because it just means more for me! Little One loves it, too and I do share with her - if she catches me eating it!

Here's a recipe I developed using whatever sounded good from my pantry:

Potato-Spinach Quiche
1 tablespoon butter
1 green onion, chopped or 1/4 cup chopped white onion
2 red potatoes, finely diced
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
4 ounces deli ham, chopped
6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper
5 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream

In a skillet, saute onion and potato in butter until potatoes begin to get tender (8-10 minutes), seasoning as they cook. Add ham and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted and ham begins to take on color. Pour mixture into a greased pie plate. Top with cheese. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, and sour cream. Season lightly. Pour over mixture in pie plate. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 20-25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

I made this yesterday for my lunch and just had it again for breakfast. Between that and sharing with Little One, there's only one piece left! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment