Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sweet & Sassy Baked Beans

Though I'm not one to get excited about baked beans, I do like a pile of them next to my grilled hotdog or bacon cheeseburger. Most of the potluck beans I've had are pretty flavorless - dumped out of the can and heated. This recipe takes ordinary baked beans and adds a tangy-sweet blast of flavor.

Sweet & Sassy Baked Beans

4 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, drained
1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
1 small onion, chopped
1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup barbecue sauce

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a 4-½-qt. bean pot or two ungreased 2-qt. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until heated through.

This makes a large amount of beans, obviously, but I make it for our family with just one can of beans, cutting down the other ingredients in proportion, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment