Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Name is Jeni and ...

... I have a problem. I love food. And I have always had a fast metabolism. But now that I'm getting older it's slowing down a bit, and my eating hasn't. Having had three babies doesn't help! Nursing supposedly helps you drop the weight faster (and I'm sure it does) but despite nursing all three babies for at least a year each my main side effect is being hungry all the time. Anyway, the result is that I'd really like to lose 10-20 pounds. My number one reason is that I have lots of clothes one size down that I could wear, and I can't afford to buy new clothes! Dieting = cheaper than new clothes.

I am participating in a weight loss program along with a group of ladies in my church. It's called For His Glory, and the goal is to develop a healthier lifestyle all for the glory of God. We commit to praying for the other ladies every day. We're not allowed any sugar or white flour and our five "meals" (snacks) are spread out over the day. We're to exercise at least 4 times per week and drink 3 liters of water per day. This is slightly different from my previous rigorous exercise routine of 4 times per month. Anyway, despite my stomach growling literally all day long, even after I've eaten ... I'm doing pretty well my first week.

I know I haven't posted much this week, and that's mostly due to starvation. It's hard to think about food when it's the one thing you can't have! I've always dreaded dieting, and it's every bit as bad as I imagined. Here's hoping I'll lose some weight and have something to show for it! I will do better with posting though, looking past my own trials ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment