Saturday, March 5, 2011

Women Walking Worthy

My friend Lisa and I have worked out the perfect plan for us to do food about once a year for our church's monthly ladies' meeting. She buys the food and I cook! The only real problem is that it's nearly impossible to guess how many ladies will be there at any given meeting, but I'm planning a menu based on a guess of about 30.

The leadership team asked for lasagna this month. I was pretty happy about that because I LOVE lasagna and Handsome doesn't so I don't get to make it often. After pondering a bit, I decided to go with three different kinds to give everyone options.

1) Traditional Lasagna -- this is your basic, delicious lasagna recipe! I use a mix of venison and Italian sausage to make the sauce.

2) Chicken Lasagna -- a non-tomato based, yet still delicious lasagna. The creamy sauce is blended with broccoli, carrots and chicken.

3) Lasagna Rolls - Inspired by Giada De Laurentiis, this meatless dish is made special by two different sauces.

For dessert, I've been promising to make Mocha Cupcakes and Mocha Punch. I'm also planning Tiramisu, which will be a variation of my banana pudding recipe. I'm experimenting, so I'll let you know how it turns out! Of course we'll have rolls, and another friend  is bringing salad and dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment