Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sara's Secrets for Weeknight Meals

Sara's Secrets for Weeknight Meals
This cookbook is wonderful! I checked it out from the library several years ago after becoming a fan of Sara Moulton's show on Food Network. I read it through, loved it, and then forgot (mostly) about it until recently. I checked it out again back in October and I'm still a big fan. Sara's way of looking at food and its preparation is very much like my own, and I've learned a lot from her. I've made several of her recipes over the last couple of weeks; each one has been a big hit with my family. One of our favorites was Asian Turkey Burgers.  I only made a couple of changes. One was to substitute shredded carrots for the red peppers (I didn't have any!). The other was that I served it with a simple coleslaw. My husband ate his burger topped off with the slaw. The whole family ate every bite and loved it! That's a pretty rare feat in any house with at least one child.

No comments:

Post a Comment