Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Herbed Fish Fillets

Several years ago, I learned to love Publix. I was shopping there one day when I encountered the lady at the front cooking. And I learned to love fish. She was cooking flounder using approximately this recipe. I use whatever white fish I can find on sale. I love it, and Little One loves it, but nobody else does. That's okay, though, because the recipe is easily halved, meaning I can make it for the two of us and we're happy. And I like that the herbs are interchangeable -- you could use parsley, rosemary, oregano, cilantro, tarragon, green onions, dill, thyme, whatever! You can even change out the lime juice for lemon or orange.

3 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
Salt and pepper
4 fillets white fish such as tilapia or flounder

Stir together first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Lightly salt and pepper fillets. Coat the fillets on one side with half of the mayonnaise mixture. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil into a nonstick skillet and heat to medium-medium high. Place the fillets, coated side down in the skillet and spread the remaining mayo over the fillets. Let the fish cook for 4-5 minutes without disturbing, then flip to the other side. Cook for 2-3 minutes longer until fish flakes easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment