Monday, October 18, 2010

Bisclettes

My Sweetie and I used to teach a Sunday School class for college and career young adults. On Sunday nights after church they would come over to our house and I would cook dinner for everyone. The number fluctuated between 8 and 15 additional mouths to feed, so I had to be pretty creative! Not only watching the cost of the food, but trying to make something that would appeal to most everyone. These little biscuits quickly became a staple! One of the college guys christened them "Bisquilettes", and I simplified the spelling a bit but kept the name. They were requested often.

1 cup butter
1 cup sour cream
2 cups self-rising flour

In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in flour and sour cream. Spoon by teaspoonfuls into mini muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden.

1 comment: