Monday, October 4, 2010

Cream Cheese Banana Pudding

I cobbled this recipe together after I realized I hadn't bought all the ingredients I needed to make my usual banana pudding. That was one of the best mistakes ever! My sweetie has declared this the best banana pudding he's ever eaten.

8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a large mixing bowl, cream the cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.

1-3.3 oz. box cheesecake instant pudding mix
1-3.3 oz. box banana cream instant pudding mix
3 cups cold low-fat milk

In another large bowl, whisk the pudding mix and milk until smooth and thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the pudding to the cream cheese mixture and blend well. Fold in half of an:

8 oz container of whipped topping, thawed

In a decorative dish (2 quart), place one-third of the pudding mixture. Top with one layer each:

vanilla wafers
sliced ripe banana

Drizzle with:

caramel ice cream topping

Repeat layers, ending with the final third of pudding. Place a ring of vanilla wafers around outside edge of dish, and fill in the middle with the remaining whipped topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment