Thursday, April 14, 2011

Restaurant Redux, Part 2

On the first day of our getaway last week, Handsome and I met my best friend of 20+ years (so surreal!) for lunch at Blue Moon Cafe in Fayetteville, NC. It was a gorgeous day, so we were happy to sit outside in the sunshine. We started with an appetizer of bruschetta, which was really good, despite the fact that I don't like chunky tomatoes so much. I had the Blue Moon Club and Red Pepper Bisque. Neither were as hot as I'd have liked, but the flavor was really good. Handsome and my friend both had the Chicken Apple Brie Panini and both found it pretty bland. The atmosphere of the place was nice; it was steadily busy while we were there.

On our second night away, I was looking for a good Italian restaurant. Unfortunately I didn't find it. We tried Portofino and were pretty disappointed. The salmon I ordered was crunchy on the outside. The asparagus was as big around as my thumb, and nearly as tough. The lettuce in the Caesar salad was on its last legs and turning red. When I was a waitress, I wouldn't have even sent out a salad looking like that! The waitress did comp both of our salads, though Handsome's house salad looked fine.

Anyway, we consoled ourselves by going out for coffee and dessert at Church Street Coffee and Deli in downtown Swansboro. It almost made up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment