Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Lunch Menu

For Easter lunch this year, I wanted to branch out a little and use some different recipes. The menu I ended up with was not bad, and my family ate most of it, which always a good sign.

Lamb Stew - a slightly tweaked version of my standard beef stew. I used lamb, naturally, in place of the beef, a splash of red wine vinegar, and a mix of thyme and rosemary.  When I started typing this, I thought I'd already shared with you my recipe for beef stew, but I haven't! I'll get it up here soon.

Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes - I sort of followed a recipe for these from the April issue of Southern Living.

Spinach Salad - Spinach, strawberries, toasted almonds, carrots, Parmesan, and a vinaigrette dressing. The recipe for the dressing is coming tomorrow!

Yeast Rolls - I made a big batch of dough a couple of weeks ago (4 dozen rolls), so these I just pulled from the freezer, thawed, let rise, and baked.

Jeni's Summer Cake - This was Handsome's request - he loves this cake! And the recipe will not be posted, because he wants me to have that traditional one recipe that I don't share, like a 1950's housewife. It's moist and yummy, and light at the same time. Light in flavor, that is, not calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment