Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cookbook?

Because I've been asked often, I'm pondering having a cookbook printed. Naturally, I don't have the draw to actually get a publisher interested, so I'm looking into using a publishing service. The problem with those is that you have to buy a couple of hundred at a time in order to bring the cost down. Now, I have printed gift cookbooks a few at a time for the girls who have been in our ministry to the college/singles in our church. Those are really nice, expensive books, though, and it wouldn't be worth selling them since the cost would be so high. I'd still try to get the best quality available while keeping to a reasonable price. Depending on the style and the number of recipes, it's looking like I could offer the books for about $10-$12.

What do y'all think? Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? What would you like to see in the cookbook?

2 comments:

  1. of course I am in.. I have to use the computer or print and get lost and ect so a cookbook would be wonderful. personally I think that is too cheap but that is just my opinion all the time and effort that you ahave put into it is worth a little extra and we know it will be so pretty and well put together. meal idea would be awesome menu planners would be awesome, using the meat to make several meals. more later those are just a few thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine put together a cookbook and made it available in both an ebook version and a hard copy. She was able to sell the ebook for much cheaper. I'll send you a link to her blog so you can check it out.

    I know you, and know you have done your research, but have you looked into Lulu.com? I know they have a self-published cookbook option...

    ReplyDelete