Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cream Cheese Banana Nut Muffins

It seems to me that I post a lot of breakfast foods on here and if it seems that way to you, bear with me while I post another one! I found this recipe while flipping through a Southern Living magazine in my dentist's office years ago. When I asked the receptionist for a piece of paper so I could write it down she was nice enough to just make a copy of the pages for me. Now, lest you think this is your grandmother's banana bread, dense and brown and black-flecked, I took pictures.


Just look at that warm, fluffy goodness!
Cream Cheese Banana Nut Muffins

3/4 cup butter, softened
8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (reduced-fat so you can eat three and tell yourself they're good for you!)
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups mashed bananas, the riper the better
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time beating just until blended after each addition.

Combine flour and next three ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, pecans and vanilla. Spoon batter evenly into 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5-10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment