Saturday, February 12, 2011

Apple-Walnut Pancakes

Instead of making breakfast and lunch today, I decided to make brunch around 11. That suited my family just fine since brunch rarely involves vegetables! I served scrambled eggs and Apple-Walnut Pancakes. The great thing about pancakes is that they usually make a big batch and I can freeze half of them. Here's how I prepare them for the freezer:

As I cook them, I lay them out in a single layer on a wire rack to cool.

Then I tear off strips of wax paper to place between each pancake. Each strip will cover two pancakes.

Then I slide the wrapped pancakes into a labeled freezer bag.

All done! Now I can thaw all of them for a family dinner, or I can take out one or two at a time. My favorite way to reheat them is to place them straight from the freezer on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 7-10 minutes. I flip them halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment