Friday, January 7, 2011

Snack Cake

I'm a big fan of desserts that are easy to throw together, since I'm not a big baker. I'm also usually so caught up in preparations for dinner that dessert is sometimes an afterthought! The thing about sweet treats, though, is that they are generally pretty cheap to make, and I almost always have everything I need on-hand. I have a couple of recipes that I depend on, and I was pleased to find another one just the other night. I found Chocolate Snack Cake in one of my "Quick Cooking" - now Simple and Delicious - magazines from 2000. The only modification I made was to use coffee in place of the water it called for, and I used milk chocolate frosting to finish it off. It would have been delicious served simply with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and no frosting at all!

Also, this recipe uses no butter, milk or eggs, so it would be perfect for vegetarians and vegans.

No comments:

Post a Comment