Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Creamy Marinara Pasta

I'm addicted to simple pasta dishes for lunch! My main reason is that Handsome doesn't exactly enjoy those kinds of meals, and it's the only time I get to indulge in them. My latest creation is one that he definitely wouldn't like, since it involves a cream sauce and spinach.

Creamy Marinara Pasta

I started with this simple white sauce, using a 1-1-1 ratio, adding in a chopped clove of garlic with the butter, and stirring in a 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan to finish it. I used about 2 ounces of angel hair pasta, but you could use whatever.

After the sauce is completed, simply stir in:
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup marinara sauce
and heat through. Toss your cooked pasta with the sauce and Bob's your uncle! A delicious lunch for one.

Note: this really makes a lot of sauce for one, so you could easily stretch it to two servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment