Thursday, May 26, 2016

Apple-Cinnamon Muffins

I'm usually very careful when I make a recipe to be certain that I have all the ingredients I need before I begin. In fact, my grocery list is based on the recipes I'll be using over the following two week period. But once in a while, circumstances conspire against me, and I have to make adjustments. Today was one of those days.

I planned to make my Chocolate-Zucchini Muffins, but after I'd already mixed the wet ingredients together I realized that the zucchini I had was spoiled! A quick perusal of the pantry and fridge yielded a couple of apples and a solution. Thankfully, since none of the dry ingredients had been mixed, I just switched gears and made these instead.



Apple-Cinnamon Muffins

3 eggs
½ cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract
2 cups shredded apple (no need to peel them)
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup quick oats
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup chopped pecans

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, and extracts. Stir in apples. Combine dry ingredients; add to apple mixture along with pecans and mix well. Spoon into greased muffin cups, 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment