Saturday, October 15, 2011

What's On The Menu?

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I didn't have my usual recipe notebook available this week for making out my menu. After admitting that it wasn't, perhaps, entirely necessary and that life would go on ...


... I harnessed the power of the internet to decide on my family's meals for the week! I don't know if you know about Pinterest, but I love it! When I find recipes I want to try, I "pin" them to my "What's Cookin'?" board (just like a thumbtack on a bulletin board!). The picture is a direct link to the recipe. I also have boards for my geeky stuff, and crafty stuff, and amazing ideas for my house that will never actually be done, etc. Anyway, most of my recipes for this week came from various sources around cyberspace and were pinned to my board to try out "someday".

Pumpkin Pull-Apart Bread - Like monkey bread with maple icing, I am very excited to try this one out!

Potato Gnocchi - I've shared a link to this before, but I won't here because I had to tweak it a lot to get it to work. I'll be posting my version soon.

Broccoli Brown Rice Quiche - I love quiche and this one looks SO good. I never eat the crust on quiche, so I'm very intrigued at the thought of the rice making the crust. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Slow Cooker Lasagna - This one is for my college people Sunday night. The noodles go in uncooked, and it looks like a snap to put together. (You should explore the rest of that site, too! It's a great encouragement to Christian women.)

Butterbeer - Sunday is our Oldest Girl's 11th birthday! We've planned for some number of years to give her the first Harry Potter book on her birthday, and we are beyond excited. As part of the birthday festivities I'll be making this special beverage that is featured in the series. I always though of it as a rich, butterscotch-y version of cream soda, and this recipe seems a perfect match!

I also have a couple of family favorites on the list to make, plus rolls to round out meals, but these are essentially the new recipes I'll be making.

No comments:

Post a Comment