Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ice Cream Bread

A few days ago I ran across a recipe on the internet that sounded very intriguing. It involved combining two simple ingredients, ice cream and flour, to make bread! I was skeptical, but curious enough to try. I am SO glad I did! Fresh from the oven - delicious! For breakfast the next morning - divine! I used Blue Bell's Spiced Pumpkin Pecan for this first batch and it was a great choice. My expert recommendation (based on baking it once!) is to use good quality ice cream with lots of flavor. For example, Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey and Spiced Pumpkin Pecan have really bold flavor and some texture, making them perfect for this.

Ice Cream Bread

2 cups ice cream, melted (I didn't heat it, just thawed it on the counter.)
1-1/2 cups self-rising flour

Mix the two ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes. Mine was perfect at 32 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment