Monday, June 10, 2013

Kickin' Creamed Corn

My favorite way to eat corn has to be fresh corn on the cob with butter, salt and pepper. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it! But I do like to change things up now and then, and Saturday night I decided to make a corn casserole for a party we were having. Last summer I tried one a friend had made and I enjoyed it so much I thought I'd recreate it - adding my own twist, naturally. If I'm remembering correctly, hers called for a can of diced green chilies, which you could certainly use instead of the jalapeño if you don't want quite so much kick.


Kickin' Creamed Corn
3 cans whole kernel corn (you can use fresh-off-the-cob, frozen, whatever)
1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 green onions
1 jalapeño, finely diced
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, cilantro, onions, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Stir in corn. Transfer to a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment